I tried this mango cake when I got fresh mangoes from my native. I was so excited to make a cake from those mangoes which is pure and free from chemicals. Yes! Trusted fruit from our ancestral house. It combines tropical flavour and moist with light texture.
The mango cake recipe varies but it includes canned mango puree or sweetened mango pulp or fresh diced mango. The key ingredient mangoes should be fully ripen. When you squeeze mangoes, they burst with a sweet odour.
Eggless wheat mango cake can be served with or without frosting.Here for frosting I have used whipping cream with mango puree.
As you all know it is a seasonal fruit, and when it come to our hands, then we are forced to do some magic.
For mango cake:
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup mango sliced (tightly packed)
- 4 tbsp sugar (required according to the sweetness of mango)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
For mango frosting:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mango pulp (tightly packed)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F for 10 mins.
- Take the baking pan and grease it with butter or oil, then dust it with some flour(remove the excess flour)
- In a bowl sieve the wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and keep it aside.
- Blend the mango slices into smooth puree with sugar (add according to the sweetness of mangoes)
- In another bowl pour melted butter and condensed milk and whisk well.
- Then add prepared mango puree and vanilla extract and whisk again.
- .Add the dry ingredients little by little to the wet ingredients and fold slowly.
- .Transfer the batter into the baking pan, and bake it for 35 to 40 mins, till by inserting toothpick comes out clearly without any raw batter in it.
- Let the cake cools completely ,meanwhile work for frosting.
- Take whipping cream in a clean chilled bowl and beat it at high speed to get peaks.
- Separate some cream from it for decorating the cake (optional).
- Pour the mango pulp in remaining cream and again blent it in low speed till all incorporated.
- Carefully cut the cake into two equal parts and spread the prepared mango frosting on the top of one half, then place the other half.
- Cover all the parts of the cake with the cream (you can cover according to your wish).
- Finally decorate the cake with round star icing tip (optional).
EGGLESS WHEAT MANGO CAKE STEP BY STEP PICTORIAL
- You can serve it without frosting, it is a good moist cake.
- Instead of vanilla you can try cinnamon or cardamon.
- If you feel batter is very thick, then add some milk.
- Don’t fold the batter too much.